Whatever your business, from an office space to a dry cleaners your boiler is your source of heating and hot water so if it breaks down the effects could be crippling for your business until it is back up and running as it should. So, what are the warning signs that your boiler is in need of a little maintenance? Below is a list of a few of the most common problems with commercial boilers that can indicate it is time to get it serviced.
Common Commercial Boiler Problems
- If it has been over a year since your last boiler service then it should be a priority to get it booked in ASAP as any small issues your boiler is having can be picked up and resolved easily, if it is left you could end up with a sever problem that will not only cost more to fix but could mean unnecessary down time for your business.
- Loss of pressure or slow build of pressure. The pressure of the steam should be constant within the high and low set points if your boiler is working at optimum capacity. If you are experiencing pressure loss then it is likely caused by a steam leak, this is not always visible unless you know what to look for. A loss of pressure can also be caused by problems in the return system such as steam traps, feed pumps or the valve.
- Water leaks are another tell tale sign that your boiler is on the blink, even if you can’t see any water dripping, they can be force out of the stack.
- Blockages can be caused by anything such as, scale build up. This can cause a loss of heat transfer meaning you can expect significantly larger energy bills!
- Strange whistling, gurgling or knocking noises coming from the boiler often indicates that there is air in the system, lime scale build up or low water pressure.
- Safety and water probes can become scale coated or degenerate causing the boiler to turn off and on when it shouldn’t. There’s no need for a new boiler but a certified gas engineer will need to come and replace the probes.
- If the boiler is switching off then there are a number of reasons for this such as a broken thermostat, pressure loss, blocked vale or inefficient pump.
If you are experiencing any of the above problems with your commercial boiler or just want to keep on top of things and get it serviced before major problems arise then contact Vortex Gas today on – 0151 523 7243